, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
This article describes how to download your 2014 TurboTax Online return as a tax data file (filename extension .tax2014).
Downloading your tax file is optional. However, we recommend that you take a few seconds to do this, as your tax data file may come in handy after TurboTax Online shuts down in mid-October of 2015.
- Sign in to your online return, if you're not already signed in.
- Select Tools from the My Account menu in the upper right corner.
- In the pop-up Tools Center window, select Save your 2014 return to your computer.
- Select Save As and browse to where you want to save the file, such as your Desktop.
- Change the default filename (taxReturn) to something recognizeable, for example J Doe 2014 Tax Return before you click Save.
Your online return has now been saved in a format can be opened in the TurboTax software.
If you make any changes to your Online return after saving your tax data file, repeat these steps to ensure that your tax file stays synched-up with your online tax return.
- What's the difference between the tax data file and the PDF file?
- How do I save my 2014 TurboTax Online return as a PDF?
- How can I protect the tax files on my computer?
- How do I open my return in the TurboTax software?