, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
Running TurboTax from the CD is the #1 reason why TurboTax for Mac won't update.
To update your TurboTax software, the program must be installed on your computer. Don't run it from the disc like you would a music CD.
Updating over a wireless connection can cause update problems too. For this reason, we recommend using a wired, broadband connection to update your TurboTax software.
If you don't have access to a wired connection, try opening a new Internet browser session and visiting sites that you haven't visited for a while.
- If you can't access other sites, try restarting your wireless router.
- If you're still having problems, power down your computer, then your router, and lastly your modem, in that order. Wait a minute or two, then power up your modem. Wait another minute, then power up your router and then finally your computer.
Still can't update?
Empty your Trash. Sometimes that'll get things going.
If you still have problems after going through all these troubleshooting tips, contact us for help.
- Verify TurboTax 2013 Is Up to Date (Mac)
- Why does TurboTax for Mac keep saying there are updates when I check for updates?
- Validation Failed: TurboTax 2013 for Mac Requires You to Update Before E-Filing When it is Already Up to Date