Troubleshoot TurboTax for Mac Updating Issues
Follow the troubleshooting steps in the order listed.
- Ensure that you are running the program from the Applications folder, not from the mounted virtual drive or CD.
- Wireless connections can be problematic, which is why we recommend updating over a wired, broadband connection.
- If you don't have access to broadband, try restarting your wireless router.
- Empty the Trash. Sometimes that'll get things going.
- Force the update to download and install. For steps, click on the link provided under Related Information below.
- If you're still having problems, turn off your computer, then your router, and lastly your modem, in that order.
- Wait a minute or two, then your modem back on.
- Wait another minute, then turn your router back on.
- Once your router is back up, turn your computer back on and try updating again.
If you still have problems after going through all these troubleshooting tips, contact us for help.