Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Jun 21, 2020 5:54:41 PM

XML data has failed schema validation

Error X0000-005

0 4 694
4 Replies
Not applicable
Jun 21, 2020 5:58:46 PM

quite a few recent posts about this problem.  I use desktop and have not submitted my return. however, there have been no recent updates to the desktop version and no recent posts from desktop users.  thus it would seem te issue is with the online programs since posts have come from users of different online products.   

Returning Member
Jun 21, 2020 7:08:46 PM

I am a desktop user using home and business and I have now got it 3 times, I have check ed the return and all seems accurate yet I am still getting this message

Returning Member
Jun 21, 2020 7:15:08 PM

Any real Turbotax IT support here?

I re-efiled several times, still rejected! very frustrating! this 2019 TT deluxe software is really bad-quality! can't believe it.  Each time I click on the button it disappears, then I have to click on the Microsoft Edge task bar to get back to the TT page! each time! After these hard times, I still got e-file rejected again and again!

Jun 22, 2020 8:23:45 AM

I have received this error 3 times today, i did find an error with a phantom W2 that I deleted but it did not solve the problem. No real info on what tag is failing validation, some support would be nice.