• Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Dec 18, 2020 10:00:09 AM

Will not accept my license code?

0 46 5606
24 Replies
Level 15
Dec 18, 2020 10:03:28 AM

See this TurboTax support FAQ if the license code is not working - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/my-code-doesn-t-work/01/871966

Mar 6, 2021 1:58:50 PM

I cannot get my license code to work. Could I please talk to a person.

Mar 6, 2021 1:59:46 PM

I am not a new member! I have used Turbo Tax for several years.

Intuit Alumni
Mar 6, 2021 3:38:04 PM

If your license code isn’t working to activate the TurboTax software, it may be because you’ve entered it incorrectly. Please see the FAQ link posted below for additional assistance. If you still need assistance, please reach out to TurboTax customer support.

My code doesn't work

Level 1
Mar 8, 2021 5:22:45 PM

the turbotax box comes up for me to put my license code into. however the box is not highlighted and will not accept my license code.

Intuit Alumni
Mar 8, 2021 6:03:12 PM

If you are unable to enter your license code, please click here to contact customer support. 

Level 1
Mar 9, 2021 2:58:22 PM

I have purchased my tax program from Costco and have tried several times to put the licence code in and it will not work.  This is the first year that I have had such issues.   I have used this program for over 15 years and I am very disappointed in it this year.  Please help.

Intuit Alumni
Mar 9, 2021 3:08:54 PM

@GFO Please contact Customer Support regarding this issue; contact details can be found here.

Mar 19, 2021 7:32:47 PM

My license code is not working. Is anyone going to help me?

Expert Alumni
Mar 19, 2021 7:45:45 PM

If your license code isn’t working to activate the TurboTax software, it may be because you’ve entered it incorrectly.    Double-check your code and enter it carefully in the License code box on the installation screen.

• Note: Your license code is not case sensitive—you don’t need to worry about capitalization. You also don’t need to enter the dashes when typing in your code. Just enter the numbers and letters exactly how they appear.

Error codes  - Find your error code on this list for a possible solution

If you’re still having trouble with your code, Contact us.

Mar 30, 2021 4:37:39 PM

have some one call me  [phone number removed]

Intuit Alumni
Mar 31, 2021 9:15:31 AM

Community is a public forum and we do not have access to your personal information, therefore, we are unable to call you. If you'd like to speak to a TurboTax representative for assistance with your license code, please see the instructions in the link below.

What is the TurboTax phone number? 

@loranrclarK

Apr 9, 2021 9:16:26 AM

When typing in the licensing code the program is adding dashes were none.

XXXX-XXXX-X-1-XXXX  should be :  [product key removed]

Intuit Alumni
Apr 12, 2021 10:10:55 AM

Please see the FAQ link provided below. If you are still having issues with the license code you would want to reach out to TurboTax customer support:

My code doesn't work

Jul 17, 2021 5:08:03 PM

WHEN I ENTER LICENSE CODE WONT FOLLOW/KEEOP FORMAT THEREFORE IT SAYS ITS WRONG

Aug 18, 2021 1:34:05 PM

I purchased my program on Amazon and never saved the license number. I tried to retrieve it from there but it's no longer listed on my account. 

My software did an update on TurboTax and now it's asking for my license number that I no longer have for my turbo tax 2020

Level 15
Aug 18, 2021 4:52:14 PM

@ TINA MANZINI

wrote:

I purchased my program on Amazon and never saved the license number. I tried to retrieve it from there but it's no longer listed on my account. 

My software did an update on TurboTax and now it's asking for my license number that I no longer have for my turbo tax 2020

It may or may not be related to the update.   An update "shouldn't" cause it, but who knows.   If it's asking for the activation again, be sure you don't have a USB device plugged in (flash drive, external drive, printer, etc.) that was not attached or turned on when you originally installed the software.   Or if you had a USB device plugged in when you installed the product but don't now, you may need to plug it back in.  In other words, the software can sometimes see the addition or removal of a USB device as a change in the system.

See the image below on how one would retrieve software and a license code from one's Amazon account in the section "Your Digital Items" or in the "Your Games and Software Library."   If you have no success on your own when you use the steps in the image, then you'll need to contact Amazon Support to help you find it.   I'll also tell you how to phone TurboTax Support below, but they may tell you to phone Amazon.

TurboTax Support:

Hours are currently 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number, or it may schedule a callback.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Level 15
Aug 18, 2021 7:29:24 PM

Here's the steps for Amazon.  One user said......

I was just having this same issue, but I just figured it out. So I thought I'd share in case you are still looking for an answer. Go to Your Account; then Digital Games and Software (under Digital Content and Devices section at the bottom middle); your TurboTax purchase should show there under Downloads and Codes; the license code will be the 16 digit code next ot "Activation Key". Hope this helps!

But first try this........

Make sure your computer is the same way when you originally installed it.  Like with no flash drives plugged in or plugged in if one was.  It asked me again so I just closed the program and took out a flash drive that was plugged in and tried again.  It worked.  Or you may need to connect a flash drive or printer or something that was connected when you originally installed the program.

Aug 23, 2021 7:23:49 PM

Code not working [removed code]

Level 15
Aug 23, 2021 7:42:34 PM

@Mhzwork60  wrote:

Edit and REMOVE that code IMEADEATLY!!!

This is a public forum and you just gave you code to thousands of hackers.    Don't be surprised if they use it to steal your installs.

Level 15
Aug 23, 2021 10:56:42 PM

Mhzwork60: 

To edit your post above to remove the license code from this public forum, you can click the tiny blue 3-dot icon just to the right of your comment above and choose EDIT.

You mentioned in another thread that your license code is not working for you and is producing Error 605.  As I mentioned there in the other thread, speak to TurboTax Support during the day to resolve this issue for you.    They may want to cancel that license code and give you a new one.

Hours are currently 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number, or it may schedule a callback.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Jan 3, 2022 2:12:13 PM

license code wont work

please let me talk to someone

Expert Alumni
Jan 3, 2022 8:11:25 PM

To speak to TurboTax Support, click this link to enter your issue and get a call back during the hours of 5am-5pm PST. 

Here's another link about License Codes that may help you. 

Jan 10, 2022 7:16:14 AM

I entered the license code correctly to download my purchased software and was informed the activation failed and I was admonished not to try again. I would like to speak with a real human being who can get my license activated. Please call me at [phone number removed].