Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Returning Member
posted Dec 5, 2019 11:33:55 AM

Turbotax won't do anything

Today I logged into my TT account which I've used for many years. Soon it asked me to pick my product which I did, Premier without CPA. The white page comes up, then nothing at all happens. I'm still able to open help and sign out. So what's that about?

0 5 572
5 Replies
Level 15
Dec 5, 2019 11:35:35 AM

Try using a different web browser,  Chrome, Firefox or Windows IE 11.

Returning Member
Dec 5, 2019 11:38:36 AM

I'm using Microsoft Edge. Please don't tell me TT won't work on that

Level 15
Dec 5, 2019 11:45:25 AM

Nope, not saying Edge cannot be used with the online editions.  Just saying that individual users, at times, will have an issue with their current web browser when using the TurboTax online editions and sometimes changing browsers solves these types of problems.

Returning Member
Dec 5, 2019 12:12:21 PM

Well, this is baffling. I logged in on an old computer with Firefox (the one I always used for TT until now) and it appeared to work so I signed out. I thought maybe if I got past the start I could get back to my new computer with Edge. Not only could I not do that, when I went back into my Firefox it wanted me to choose my product again, like I had never been there. 

Returning Member
Dec 5, 2019 7:07:43 PM

So here's how I made it work. In Edge, as before, I chose a product, got a blank page and no further action. So I copied the address out of my web browser and pasted it back. The program advanced, I did a few steps, then signed out. When I logged in again I was where I left off. So there is something about the program that is keeping it from advancing automatically beyond the page that comes after the one where the product is chosen.