Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 1
posted Apr 24, 2024 4:13:13 PM

Tax refund

So will they send a letter saying that it is paid off then? And could that be the reason I had 2 deposits in my account cause one was his and the other mine? But we still didn’t get the full amount and I can’t find where to go to find the information that was paid.

0 1 3328
1 Replies
Expert Alumni
Apr 24, 2024 4:30:42 PM

Yes, it is likely you got one deposit for your part of the refund and your spouse's part of the refund was partially used to pay off a debt and the remainder then also deposited.  To see your individual account balances as @CatinaT1 stated in another post (extracted below) you should got to IRS.gov and sign up for access to your online account.

IRS Individual Online Account  

• Taxpayers with a Social Security number or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number can create or access their IRS Individual Online Account to get information they need to file their return.
  • With an IRS Individual Online Account, people can:
  • View balance owed, payment history and schedule payments.
  • Cancel scheduled payments – new feature for 2024.
  • Get transcripts.
  • View or create payment plans.
  • See digital copies of some IRS notices.
  • View key data from their most recently filed tax return, including adjusted gross income.
  • Validate bank accounts and save multiple accounts, eliminating the need to re-enter bank account information every time they make a payment.
  • View, approve and electronically sign power of attorney and tax information authorizations from their tax professional.