Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted May 31, 2019 11:17:33 PM

Florida File By Mail

I just submitted my return. It says that for Florida state I have to submit by file by mail. The download file on my profile doesn't give any instructions on how to send the return by mail. Am I supposed to submit it or will it be done through your system?

0 2 1081
1 Best answer
Level 15
May 31, 2019 11:17:34 PM

There is nothing you need to mail to the state. Florida does not have a state income tax.

The Florida return is only for owners of Florida-located businesses and rental real estate; you should have chosen to skip the return since it is obviously inapplicable to your tax situation.

You will not be able to delete the Florida return since you registered your free version of TurboTax, but you can ignore it.

2 Replies
Level 15
May 31, 2019 11:17:34 PM

There is nothing you need to mail to the state. Florida does not have a state income tax.

The Florida return is only for owners of Florida-located businesses and rental real estate; you should have chosen to skip the return since it is obviously inapplicable to your tax situation.

You will not be able to delete the Florida return since you registered your free version of TurboTax, but you can ignore it.

May 31, 2019 11:17:35 PM

If this is so, why does Turbotax let you continue to pay for FL state tax preparation? I paid $45 to file state taxes through Turbotax. I suppose it was a waste of money; this year and the last few consecutive years.