Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 2
posted Feb 7, 2021 12:31:50 PM

Entry Wont save

I'm just about done, but there is one issue that I have the information to fix. The issue simply states that the entry cannot equal zero(0). I can fix this based on the information from one of my tax forms however, whenever I try to input the correct value or attempt to leave it blank(because that is an option as well), it doesn't save. I input the value and click continue but the issue doesn't resolve. I'm stuck because of it.

0 4 661
1 Best answer
Level 2
Feb 8, 2021 2:02:46 PM

Okay so I've tried everything, and although both answers didn't exactly fix my issue, they were helpful. I managed to find a way to edit this specific sale I made on a stock that was causing me the issue. It was a little odd getting to. It was just frustrating because the requirements stated that I cannot input $0.00 or decimal numbers. It seems every other value was rounded to the nearest dollar. So $0.20 was the value shown on the tax document I provided, but was automatically rounded to $0.00 on the form even though the form does not accept $0.00 and on top of that, wouldn't let me just round to $1.00 instead. Sorry for being vague on my issue, I'm not entirely sure what information I should be ok with showing in my questions, but thank you all for the assistance.

4 Replies
Intuit Alumni
Feb 7, 2021 3:32:23 PM

Please delete the form and add it again. Here's an article that will help you delete the form.

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online? 

Level 2
Feb 8, 2021 9:52:47 AM

So I managed to delete the form and reenter the form, but the same issue arises. The value on my tax document is $0.20, and the site automatically rounds down to $0.00, even though the root of the issue is "this value cannot equal zero(0)"

Employee Tax Expert
Feb 8, 2021 10:11:31 AM

Tax returns are typically rounded to the next value.  If the value on your tax form is for $0.20, do not include the form as it is below any reportable amount on your tax return and would be reflected as $0.

You will need to delete the input section to remove it from your return.  This should remove the error.

Level 2
Feb 8, 2021 2:02:46 PM

Okay so I've tried everything, and although both answers didn't exactly fix my issue, they were helpful. I managed to find a way to edit this specific sale I made on a stock that was causing me the issue. It was a little odd getting to. It was just frustrating because the requirements stated that I cannot input $0.00 or decimal numbers. It seems every other value was rounded to the nearest dollar. So $0.20 was the value shown on the tax document I provided, but was automatically rounded to $0.00 on the form even though the form does not accept $0.00 and on top of that, wouldn't let me just round to $1.00 instead. Sorry for being vague on my issue, I'm not entirely sure what information I should be ok with showing in my questions, but thank you all for the assistance.