Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Returning Member
posted May 6, 2023 6:20:49 AM

DOWNLOAD FAILURES

I received a TurboTax CD from Amazon on January 24, 2023. I did not try to use it until April 6, 2023, all to no avail. My desktop computer would not download the software. 

I tried to download the software directly (online), using the code supplied with the CD, and that also did not work. I talked for 3 hours on my cell phone with 4 different TurboTax representatives - going through a terrible "phone tree" each time I called. They were no help.

One rep determined that I had a defective disc. I am not computer illiterate - I tried on my own dozens of times before calling for help. I have been using TurboTax annually, for over 20 years, and never once had any trouble downloading the software. 

TurboTax refused twice to refund my $45 purchase cost, for their defective product. Amazon would not refund after 30 days, and TurboTax after 60 days. Lesson learned - the "Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy" expires after 60 days, even if the product is defective.

TurboTax has now lost a well satisfied "customer-for-life" - for a measly $45, after I annually bought their product for over 20 years.  

0 2 343
2 Replies
Level 15
May 6, 2023 7:56:32 AM

How old is your computer?  Does it meet the new requirements?

2022 Turbo Tax Desktop System Requirements
Windows 10 or later or Mac OS Big Sur 11 or later
https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/tta-system-requirements

If your computer won't install it, maybe you can use a friend's or relative's computer to install it on.  

Returning Member
May 6, 2023 10:30:21 AM

Thanks for responding  VolvoGirl,

Processor Intel Core i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2
Installed on ‎6/‎19/‎2020
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0
------------------------------------------------------

After my horrible experience with TurboTax, I went online, did my Federal (and State) taxes in one hour, and filed for free. (I am a low income senior citizen).