This rejection can occur when your Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) doesn’t match the one in the IRS’s records.
We'll show you how to fix and re-file your return. Select your platform for instructions:
- CD/Download instructions for e-file reject F1099R-502-02: The Payer Federal Id Number entered does not match what the IRS has in its records
- Error 1921: "Service 'Intuit Update Service' (IntuitUpdateService) could not be stopped..."
- E-file reject R0000-500-01: The name or Social Security number for the first taxpayer doesn't match IRS records
- E-file reject IND-181-01: The Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN) for the first taxpayer on your return is missing
- What if somebody already claimed my dependent?