Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 1
posted Feb 10, 2024 3:56:44 PM

Schedule C update issue

I am unable to file my tax return using the online system. Under Schedule C it keeps saying it needs to update the employee tax credits and to check back in 7 days. But every time I check back in 7 days it give me a new 7 day check back date. This has happened twice now. Can this be fixed?

0 3 187
3 Replies
Expert Alumni
Feb 11, 2024 6:24:46 AM

The release date for several forms was recently extended. The estimated date of release for forms affecting Schedule C e-file is February 21, 2024. We recommend waiting until the day after, then updating TurboTax (if using Desktop), and run Review again. The hold on Schedule C should be resolved.

You can confirm the release date of Form 3800 using this tool: Forms Availability Table

Level 1
Feb 23, 2024 10:41:34 AM

This still isn't letting me file. Now the extension has moved to 3/1/2024. WTF? I am beyond pissed. I already paid for the Premium service. How can I bypass the employee credits? I don't care about the discounts or whatever the problem is. This is ridiculous. I can't believe Turbo Tax doesn't have their sh*t together this year. I'll be using another tax program next year. I can't believe I've been waiting over 3 weeks to file my return after paying for it.

Level 2
Feb 23, 2024 2:48:48 PM

100% agree, I have been using Turbo Business for over 10 years now and I can guarantee this is the last!!  Each week TT continues to push this issue w/Schedule C employee credit out another week, come on already and FIX the issue or stop selling your product!