TurboTax is committed to protecting your personal information. If we detect that certain types of your information are being used in more than one account, we’ll notify you to make sure that you recognize the activity.
We recommend using the same account each year so your information can be automatically transferred to your new return, saving you the time and hassle of data entry.
Here are some of the reasons you may have received this email:
- You have used TurboTax in the past and are using a different account this year. This can include moving from our Desktop product to our Online product.
- You changed your filing status from last year, and for that reason, are filing with a different TurboTax account this year.
- You have created multiple TurboTax accounts this year, or in prior years.
- You file as Married Filing Separate, with you and your spouse having different TurboTax accounts.
- You have filed for dependents, or another family member, in the past and the email is referring to their personal information.
If you have not taken any of the actions noted above, it may indicate that someone is trying to use your information to file a tax return. Please contact us and one of our agents can assist you.
Learn more about how TurboTax safeguards your data.