New Member

Should I file as CA 540 or 540NR? Am military & home of record, domicile, and residency are all CA, but was stationed in MD on PCS in 2017. TT wants to select 540NR.

Within TT, when I choose Legal Residence CA and Stationed MD, and yes to PCS outside CA, it recommends CA Form 540NR.  But keep seeing conflicting information on TT forum answers that I should be filing as CA Form 540.  If I force TT to select CA Form540, it then doesn't exclude military wages.