Tax help for military filers

For the other  numbers, you need to divide them up according  to when they were actually distributed to you.  Thus, only the Interest and dividends (and capital gains...if any) hat you received after separation from the military should be entered as MD income.   

IF you held Mutual funds that issued year-end distributions, then those entire amounts are MD income....but for the rest, you need good monthly statements.

Bank/savings/checking interest is usually pretty pitiful, so only enter interest from a bank account if it was 50cents or greater for the last half of the year.  (49 cents , or lower, would round to zero, and  may result in form errors)

I don't have the MD tax forms myself, adn I can't see exactly how the MD software interview proceeds.  So the interest/dividends/cap gains might be as separate entries...you can/should go thru the entire interview multiple times anyhow...so run thru it multiple times so you see exactly where and how to enter each of the actual amounts.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*