Level 15
This widget could not be displayed.

Retirement tax questions

You are receiving a pension benefit?  No, it is not subject to self-employment tax for Social Security and Medicare.  But your pension income is subject to ordinary income tax.  Enter your 1099R on your tax return:

Go to  Federal> Wages and Income>Retirement Plans and Social Security>IRA  401 k) Pension Plan Withdrawals to enter your 1099R.