Retirement tax questions

HOW could you have possibly entered the stimulus as income ?   Where could you have done it ?   What line of the 1040 or Sch 1   is it even listed ?  

Now more likely this is what you are referring to ....

Let me explain how stupid the placement of the stimulus question in the interview flow is …

Your 2020 return starts out by assuming you didn't get any Stimulus payment so it gives you the full amount of the credit  based on your entered income  and that is reflected in the Refund-O-Meter.  Then near the end of the interview  you enter how much you actually got in advance  and the  floating refund is adjusted accordingly so you  don't get the credit  twice.  For instance if you already got  $1200 then the refund being shown  is reduced by the same $1200... this doesn't mean the stimulus is being taxed. 

Check line 30.  The Recovery rebate credit is on 1040 line 30.  It either adds to your refund or reduced a tax due.

It would be nice if they would have asked for that information in the beginning  in the MY INFO  section  BEFORE you entered in the income   BUT the programmers  did not ASK  us posters in this forum  AND  they did not listen to us earlier  and did not  change the interview flow   so I have been posting this information  A LOT  this year.