Retirement tax questions

Hmmm...

1)  there was a one-time follow-up screen in the Desktop software for a 1099-R, that ask for a confirmation for the state box values...and in the Desktop software, those boxes were mis-labelled as 12,13,14.....but  only in the text in that follow-up screen....the did go into the proper boxes in the main form.  This particular display problem is being investigated.   I haven't been able to check to see if it happens on an Online interview series, because I need a transferred 1099-R form from a 2019 tax file  (it only shows that screen for a transferred 1099-R) ...and I don't have one in the "Online" software.

2)  Be sure you are asking about a simple 1099-R form.....not a CSA- or CSF-1099-R.  The software does list those state entries as boxes 12, 13, 14 for those two form types.   I have no idea if that is an error or not, since no one has yet come up with examples of "real" 2020 CSF- or CSA-1099-R forms to establish whether the CSA/CSF forms were updated  from prior year's settings as boxes 12,13,14 to boxes 14,15,16 as the standard 1099-R forms were......or whether they remain as boxes 12,13,14.

SO...  @regor1954    are you really talking about an actual "2020" CSF- or CSA-1099-R that you might have in your possession  as in #2 ???

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*