Re: You need to designate a portion of your retire...
Expert Alumni

Retirement tax questions

Please review this IRS link that explains the difference between using the simplified method vs general. If you select that your annuity payment is from a Qualified Plan, you must use the simplified method per IRS rules. Recheck your entries to determine if you may have indicated that this annuity distribution is from a qualified plan. 

  1. Go to federal>wages and income>retirement income>Ira>401k>pension plan withdrawals(1099R) update
  2. Edit the 1099R and scroll through the questions until you reach a screen that asks Where did this distribution come from? Indicate it came from a non-qualified plan. If this doesn't work, you may wish to contact a specialist that can work through that section of the return with you. The specialists can look at your return on their screen to find out exactly what is causing this issue and suggest how you can take corrective action if needed.



**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
This widget could not be displayed.
Privacy Settings