Investors & landlords

Carl will be by to talk to you for sure  however I will give you my opinion here ... first you really should be more careful who you get your financial info from as you did  not need an EIN or DBA for a rental property at all and there is no place to enter that EIN on the Sch E on your personal return at all.  Unless you are in the "Business" of renting properties you only have a passive source of income reported on a Sch E  where all the income and expenses are listed.   Office in Home expenses are not allowed on passive income and you also do not pay self employment taxes which is better than the Sch C business option.   

Also the property doesn't need to be in the DBA/EIN at all  and if you have a mortgage on the place I doubt you can retitle it legally without triggering the Payment in Full clause ... check with your bank.  And again this is not needed to report a rental on a Sch E. 

I highly recommend you either seek local professional assistance to be educated in your situation  and/or  read up on rentals in the IRS pub 527 :  https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-publication-527