Ok, after I skip that part, I'm asked "How do you plan on submitting your 1099-B to the IRS?". The two options are:
- I'm going to mail a paper copy of my 1099-B to the IRS
- I'm planning to upload a PDF copy of my 1099-B later
I cannot skip this step. I have to choose one of these options. Do I just choose one and forget about it?
It may be better if you follow this procedure instead -
To enter an investment sale other than from a brokerage account (1099-B), follow the steps below.
- Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
- Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
- Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
- Under Investment Income
- On Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other, click the start or update button
Or enter investment sales in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to investment sales
On the screen Did you sell stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or other investments in 2019? click Yes
On the screen OK, what type of investments did you sell? choose either option and Continue
On the screen Let's import your tax info click on I'll type it in myself