Expert Alumni


It depends.  Here are the criteria she needs to meet to be a qualifying dependent.

  1. The person can't be your qualifying child or the qualifying child of any other taxpayer.

  2. The person either must live with you all year as a member of your household (and your relationship must not violate local law).

  3. The person's gross income for the year must be less than $4,300.

  4. You must provide more than half of the person's total support for the year.

If she meets the criteria above, you can add her to your return and answer the interview questions that will indicate she meets this criteria in the "My Info" section.



**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"