Expert Alumni


Because he is 17.  To get the larger credit, like you received for your daughter, your child must be under 17.  You should still receive a $500 credit for him though.  Child Tax Credit

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"