New Member


You can deduct expenses for hosting a foreign exchange student. However, you must first enter the income information before the system will allow you to move to the associated expenses in the business income section. The agency facilitating the program should have sent out a 1099-MISC; therefore, the income must be entered accordingly. If you have received the form, please follow the steps below to enter the information.

After you enter the 1099-MISC, you will reach the screen, Tell us why you received this 1099-MISC. Answer "I was a freelancer or independent contractor." The next screen will say "Good News! You can deduct expenses..." and the following screens will prompt you to enter your expenses.

View solution in original post