Business & farm

In the world of TurboTax "desktop", all versions support all the same Forms and Schedules.  So, in theory, you can create an income tax return which only need the supported Forms and Schedules using any product.  You might have to resort to actually entering information right on the Forms and Schedules themselves as opposed to using "interviews", but you could do it.  As you go up the ladder of TurboTax versions you get more hand-holding in the form of more extensive and directed interviews, meaning you don't have to work right on the Forms and Schedules themselves.

So, to answer your question, yes the Premier version has the complete Schedule C and has all the other Forms and Schedules available to you in "Home & Business" if you are referring to a desktop product.  In the online versions this is not the case.  In the online versions you do need to go up to the most expensive product - "Self-Employed" - to be able to create a full Schedule C that includes expenses.

I think you're wrong about Home & Business not necessarily being as complete or as comprehensive as Premier when it comes to support for reporting of investments.  Unless something has changed this year that I'm not aware of, as you go up the chain of desktop versions the changes are all additive.  That is a higher version isn't weakened or downgraded in certain areas with respect to lower versions of the product.  Do you have some indication that my understanding is incorrect?

Tom Young

View solution in original post