Expert Alumni

Deductions & credits

Although property taxes paid may be reported on your form 1098, it is entered separately in TurboTax.

In TurboTax, you can enter Property taxes by following these steps:

  • In TurboTax, open your tax return
  • Click on Federal Taxes, then on Deductions & Credits
  • Under All Tax breaks, locate the section Your Home and click on Show more
  • Click Start next to Property (Real estate) Taxes (see attached screenshot).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post