New Member

Deductions & credits

If you have a cell phone used only for work, you could claim it as a job-related expense.  I am assuming this is work for which you receive a W-2 since you are not using Home and Business.  It may not be worth your while, though, because you only get a deduction for the amount of job-related expenses in excess of 2% of your adjusted gross Income, and then only if ALL your itemized deductions exceed your Standard deduction ($6350 for a single filer.

You can certainly try though by entering job-related expense in the search window on the upper right, thn clicking the Jump To.  You would consider this a communication expense.