i was cheated by 4 handymen and they gave me fake business card, should i call police for rental house expenses?

yesterday (11/13/2023) a truck with 3 men came by , the 1st man gave me $105/lb estimate 2 lbs for seal all cement cracks and seal foundation. the 1st man gave me oral quotation $200-$300 and declared they can do many such as roof so gave me $500 oral estimation. the 2nd man did partially then told me he is the one do the job the fee is $1700(front door cement stairs reface and those 1st man delcared patch  all cement holes and cracks)+ $500 for roof (next day job).  he requested pay cash and later gave the cement job receipt with his business card. because it became datrk the 2nd man promised any missing places would finish tomorrow.

today(11/14/2023) they came with the 4the man as 2nd man boss; the 2nd man requested $300 to buy material and they would return back at 3:30pm but never show up also didn't gave me the roof job material receipt. the 4th man requested $800 to make some damaged holes as good looking as put more material make it even.

i told him this year budget used up (in fact they didnt do job well except the small piece sink cement). i did ask the 2nd man driver licence copy he told me didnt have. i did worry they may not come back, he kept saying they need mo   money definitely would finish jobs so can get more jobs from us and our neighbors. when they didnt show up i called him then realize it is fake business card (other people not him). should we report to police (i reported to police two cases before, police didnt help) so can have proof and count as rental house expenses or else?