Deductions & credits

Here is what is currently in the program assistance link  which is not really complete either so use my instructions : 

Where can I find my 2019 earned income amount?

Depending on what forms are included with your 2019 tax return, there are three ways to find your earned income.

First, try looking for Form 8812. If you have it, find line 6A. This is your 2019 earned income.

If you don't have Form 8812, look for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Worksheets at the end of the tax return. If you have them, go to Worksheet A. Line 1 has your 2019 earned income.

If you don’t have Form 8812 or the EITC worksheets, the location of your earned income will depend on whether you were self-employed:

• If you were NOT self employed, your earned income should be on line 1 of Form 1040.
  • If you were self-employed, follow these instructions to calculate your earned income:
    • Find your Schedule 1.
    • Subtract line 14 (under Adjustments) from line 3: (line 3 - line 14)
    • Add this number to line 1 of your 1040: (line 3 - line 14 + line 1 = earned income)

Note:  These are very uncommon but, if you have any of the following, you'll need to subtract those amounts from your total earned income:

• Taxable scholarships not reported on Form W-2
  • Amounts received for work from a penal institution
  • Non-qualified plans shown in box 11 of your W-2
  • A Medicaid waiver payment that's excluded from income