Expert Alumni

Deductions & credits

Yes, the latest update from the IRS states if no amount was on line 30 of your return then an amendment is the correct fix. You should wait for your original return to be processed (refund deposited) before submitting the amendment. 


Here is a link with the latest IRS updates.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"