Do I get a step up in basis upon husband's death for securities held in a joint tenants (JTWROS) brokerage account in California (community property state)?

While the account was Joint Tenants with Right of Survivorship, I never contributed to it; all funding for all stock/fund purchases was provided by my husband. Also note that I am in California, a community property state, if that makes any difference.

My main question is: do I get to recalculate the basis for the securities my husband purchased? If yes, does my basis change for the whole quantity of each security or only for half?

A side note, in case it makes any difference: After my husband's death, but before I had transferred the account to be solely in my name, I sold some of the assets. So when I received the 1099-B, it was in my husband's name (and reported against his SSN). 

Do I report 100% of the capital gains on my individual return? Or do I report half on the return for the Estate of my husband? 

Are the gains all long-term? 

Do I have to nominee those capital gains (since they were reported against my husband's SSN)?