State tax filing

I have no idea how it would look on the actual form.   I just enter all the proper data in the Federal section of the software and let it place the $$ in the proper lines of the state forms.   Certainly there "can" be software errors in those transfers, but someone would have to point out a specific potential software error, and an example, before it could be investigate...there are simply too many paths to follow.

That being said:

1) I know nothing about intangible property taxes...or what exactly it refers to.

2)  US Government Interest comes from some % of box 1a on a 1099-DIV form PLUS box 3 on a 1099-INT.

3)  Exempt interest-dividends come from  box 11 of a 1099-DIV form plus box 8 of a 1099-INT form....but what is exempt from AL income would be a sub-% of those $$ values depending on what portion actually came form AL bonds.   Don't subtract any if you don't know how to calculate the exact amount that came from AL bonds.

I don't have AL software, so I can't see where each of these ends up.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post