State tax filing

Yeah...we, as other users, can't see what your forms look like (and shouldn't).   So it could be some kind of MD  bug.  Just make sure that if you had any MD tax withholding on the W-2, that it is reflected in the MD section as a pre-payment.

I don't really know how the part-year interview proceeds for the MD interview...but in my NC part-year interview, there is a page that asks for me to indicate what part of each W-2 income was NC income....or whether multiple W-2 state entries...which ones were to be considered NC income and which were not .   If the MD software does something similar you might have failed to indicate some of the W-2 income as not being MD income (meaning anything earned while living in VA)....or there may be some quirk in the software that MD does differently.

Really need someone else with MD tax software and experience to see how the MD software deals with the $$ that need to be removed from MD income.

Ohhhh   @dmertz 

You do MD don't you ? 

DO you have any input on how the MD part-year interview proceeds such that this user can make sure they have taken out their pre-MD residency income?

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*