My State ID number on tax return

State tax filing

???   The federal or state ID number is your SS# or ITIN.

State tax filing

We do not know what "state ID" you are asking about.  Are you perhaps referring to your state drivers license number or the number on a state-issued ID card?  What are you trying to do?  You do not need to enter a state ID to e-file now, since e-filing is closed and you have to print sign and mail your tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

State tax filing

There is a state ID number on every 1099 where it shows withholding tax for that state.  It says the ID number must have 14 digits ending in WTH.   I have three 1099s with a different state ID number on each one for the same state.  Each ID number has 14 digits ending with WTH.  Yet when I try to e-file, it tells me that those numbers are not correct.  I don't know what to do because each number IS correct!!

Ken 

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

State tax filing

The 14 digit state id number (for Utah) should be formatted as 11 digits followed by wth (change to LOWERCASE) with no hyphens.    Example:   12345678901wth

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"