Fubeca-87

Paid for TurboTax Delux and it is not allowing my free state download.

I previously installed TurboTax and downloaded my free state. Filed my federal and state taxes back in April.

Went to update my W-4 and the program blew up. Had to completely uninstall the program. When I try to Install my paid TurboTax Delux 2020 and then open my tax file, it asks me to pay to download the state for $45. What happened to my free download? Why do I have to pay for the state? I just want to access my file and modify my W-4. What a HASSLE  this has become! Something so simple has now turned in to two nights of wasted time.

What gives Intuit?  Why can't I get my state download. My license is entitled to this. I just want to access my tax file from April. Your program blew up and YOU (Intuit) recommended a reinstall to correct the problem. Now this new surprise. Please tell me I don't have to pay for the state download that I previously was able to download for free. Help!!!!!

State tax filing

No you do not have to pay for the state software again.  But you may need customer support to help you get your state download.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Monday-Friday.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

State tax filing

When you uninstalled TurboTax, it did not remove the directory where the state tax program is put.

So it think you already have the state program.

If you can find that directory and delete it, you should be able to re-add the state program.