Level 15

After you file

No you can't cancel yours.  And you will still get the refund on your return.  Read that FAQ I posted about how to enter your original refund.  And you don't do anything more with "your" return.  Just ignore it.  

When you go though the Amended return you need to enter his tax due paid and your refund then the amended return will only be for the difference you still owe or get back.

What version did your husband use to do his separate return?  You can call support and ask them to give you the Desktop CD/Download program so you can amend his return properly as stated in that FAQ above.

Contact Customer Service
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="">...>