After you file

@RalphH1 

Here is the latest on this saga 🙂 

1. I wasn't even aware of Schedule 1...on the Side tree, I didn't see Schedule 1 at all. So went to Forms Menu and did a search on Schedule 1. Then it said 'generating Schedule 1' (that in of itself implied there was nothing in it) and sure enough, the generated Schedule 1 (when I opened it), had blanks in all fields (except for our names).  On Line 8(f) "Income from Form 8889" was blanks.

2. Accordingly, on 1040 Form (ours is 1040-SR because we are Seniors - not sure if that matters), line 8 "Other Income from Schedule 1, Line 10" was also blanks.

3. Then I took a chance and on Schedule 1, Line 8f, did a CTRL-D to override and put in my 1000. Then the tax due went up (as expected) but this is where something strange happened. When I first ran the Federal Review and Smart Check - it produced errors citing my override amount as the issue. Then I removed the override by 'Cancel Override' option. But redid the same again (deleting Schedule 1; regenerating; using the CTRL-D and entered the same amount). Then everything worked - and the override amount I entered appeared on 1040 Form Line 8; no errors were produced with Federal Review and Smart Check. 

Having said all this: (a) I wouldn't mind talking to Turbo Tax to ensure these were the correct steps (b) Understand why the question you were anticipating didn't appear. That way I can rest easy.

Please let me know how I can call Turbo Tax?

Thanks again