junichi8

I cannot pay TurboTax because I do not have an american credit card. Deduction from refund also does not work as I do not have a US address. How do I pay?

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

After you file

You could purchase a CD of the software commercially if available where you reside and download your program onto your computer and then file it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
junichi8

After you file

That's part of the problem. I live in Europe and there is no CD software commercially available. In fact the software is setup to make it difficult for Ex-Pats to file. For example I cannot file without a valid US phone number, which I also do not have. I think they need to make changes to their software, otherwise it's not a solution for Ex-pats who want to file their tax returns.

After you file

@junichi8 wrote:

That's part of the problem. I live in Europe and there is no CD software commercially available. In fact the software is setup to make it difficult for Ex-Pats to file. For example I cannot file without a valid US phone number, which I also do not have. I think they need to make changes to their software, otherwise it's not a solution for Ex-pats who want to file their tax returns.

I'm just a fellow user and don't work for TurboTax.  But I have seen some international filers in forum threads who said they asked a trusted relative or trusted friend to use their USA credit card with US billing address info to pay the TurboTax fee.

The IRS instructions for Form 1040 say a phone number is optional.  If you leave it blank and ignore the error message, will it let you get by it to continue to efile?