dmcn

The program insists on putting the wrong number for my income and I can't find any way to change it. Can anyone help?

MageeM

After you file

Hi there,

As you may know, the following items can contribute to your income, so you may have a combination of several things on this list that are increasing your income beyond what you were expecting. Do several of the following apply in your situation?

• Income from jobs: forms W-2 for you and your spouse
  • Investment income—various forms 1099 (-INT, -DIV, -B, etc.), K-1s, stock option information
  • Income from state and local income tax refunds and/or unemployment: forms 1099-G
  • Taxable alimony received
  • Business or farming income—profit/loss statement, capital equipment information
  • If you use your home for business—home size, office size, home expenses, office expenses.
  • IRA/pension distributions—forms 1099-R, 8606
  • Rental property income/expense—profit/Loss statement, rental property suspended loss information
  • Social Security benefits—forms SSA-1099
  • Income from sales of property—original cost and cost of improvements, escrow closing statement, cancelled debt information (form 1099-C)
  • Prior year installment sale information—forms 6252, principal and Interest collected during the year, SSN and address of payer
  • Other miscellaneous income—jury duty, gambling winnings, Medical Savings Account (MSA), scholarships, etc.
dmcn

After you file

This does not address my problem at all. The program has entered the wrong total, a negative number, and will not allow me to change it. It also won't let me enter the numbers that add up to it, even when I go to "Edit."From what I can tell, you go to Edit and there you can't edit anything. I can't possibly file this return.