The IRS recently began issuing a second round of stimulus payments to those eligible. Unfortunately, because of an IRS error, millions of payments were sent to the wrong accounts and some may not have received their stimulus payment. If your second stimulus payment was delivered to a card that you no longer have or is blocked, you may be able to get a replacement card. See this TurboTax Help.
If you were entitled to a stimulus payment but did not receive one, and you didn’t pay for TurboTax with your refund last year, you may need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 tax return to get your money.
In TurboTax Online, you are prompted to input stimulus check 1 and stimulus check 2 information under Review down the left hand side of the screen.
You can access your stimulus check choices by following these steps:
- Down the left side of the screen, click on Federal.
- Across the top of the screen, click on Other Tax Situations.
- At the screen Let’s keep going to wrap up. Click on Let’s keep going.
- At the screen Let’s make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue.
- At the screen Did you get a stimulus payment? you can update your stimulus check entries.
TurboTax will compare your two payment amounts to the computation within TurboTax. The computations within TurboTax are based upon the information that has been entered into the tax software. If you are due an additional amount, it will be issued as a Rebate Recovery Credit (RRC) on line 30 of the 2020 1040 tax return.
See also this TurboTax Help.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"