IRS transcript says that I haven't filed, but I did

I mailed in my tax year 2019 1040 to the IRS by the USPS with a tracking number, and the tracking says they received it on August 2, 2020. When I check the status of my refund it says they have no information, and when I log in to my IRS account and look at my transcript, it says that I haven't filed for tax year 2019.

I saw this post: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/00/25589 

so perhaps my issue is related to that.

Is it possible that they are so backed up that even after 8 weeks they haven't opened my return? At what point should I get in contact with someone at the IRS to sort this out? Their phone service options didn't allow for me to talk to an actual person to ask about this. At what point should I send a second copy to them?

Thanks for any help.

UPDATE JANUARY 2021: finally in early January of 2021 I got my refund. To those still waiting, apparently it is possible for the refund to take that long (for me it was just about 5 months from the day they received it, to the day I got the check in the mail).