jmsss1

The Federal schedule 1 form is not in my downloaded documents and therefore not printed. I need it for my city taxes. How can I print it?

After you file

You might not have a Schedule 1 with your tax return.  There are three possible schedules that can be a part of your 2019 return, but you will not necessarily have all three.  Here is what Schedule 1 looks like--did you enter any data that should have ended up there?  If not, you do not have Schedule 1, which is why it does not print out.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040s1.pdf

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

After you file

My city still requires me to submit Schedule 1, even if it wasn’t part of my Federal filing because there was no data to submit.

I can pull up Schedule 1 in the TurboTax application, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to print/export to PDF.

How do I do that?

Thanks.

After you file

Sorry--that makes no sense.  If  the data you entered did not generate a Schedule 1 in your federal tax return, you just flat out do not have one.  Maybe the city tax department needs some education on how a federal tax form works.

If you want to print a blank Schedule 1, here you are:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040s1.pdf

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

After you file

Thanks; I am just going by what it says on the city website:

"IMPORTANT!: Due to changes in the Federal tax forms for 2019, it is necessary to submit the following forms in order for your tax return to be considered complete: Copies of all W-2 forms, page 1 of the Federal 1040 form, and Federal Schedule 1."

I can certainly try to tell them that I don’t have a Schedule 1, but, in any case, I am wondering why it is not possible to print a Schedule in Turbotax that I can actually pull up (albeit not as part of my filing).

After you file

In the Online version you only get the forms and schedules that are only in your return.  Otherwise you have to get the blank form from the IRS.  They probably only want sch 1 if it is included in your return.  Not that it is mandatory.

If you have the Desktop program you can print the other forms with your info like your name and ssn.

After you file

I already told you--if your data does not require a Schedule 1 -- or any other particular form or schedule--then it is not generated by the software.  If every possible form and schedule printed out with every tax return, what a mess that would be.  You only get the forms that pertain to your own tax return.  If you want a blank Schedule 1 for your city, print it out--you have been given a link to it twice.