Expert Alumni

After you file

To this date, the IRS has not reported whether it will 'correct' stimulus payments.


A person may be claimed as a dependent if the person meets all of the tests for either a qualifying child or a qualifying relative.


IRS publication 501 Table 5 page 11 outlines the requirements.


You may attempt to amend your Federal 1040 tax return if you believe that you did not qualify as a dependent.


Please be aware that whoever is claiming you as a dependent will also have to amend their Federal 1040 tax return.


Please see this TurboTax Help.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"