REFUND

I MAILED FEDERAL TAX 2 MONTHS AGO.  THEY HAVE NO RECORD WHEN I GO ON LINE TO CHECK IT.  CAN I EFILE A 2ND RETURN?

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

The status on the IRS website may change and state we cannot find a record of your return or  that you have put in incorrect information when tracking it, but this can all be normal in the process. TurboTax is not connected to the IRS or state department(s) of revenue refund tracking tools. We don't receive real time updates from the IRS.

If accepted by the IRS, you can check your refund status below:

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Additionally, the following link provides helpful information on estimated refund due dates based on date of filing:

https://www.cpapracticeadvisor.com/tax-compliance/news/21123770/chart-shows-estimated-irs-income-tax...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After you file

It's been way past the time I should have had a refund.  If they say there's no record of it being received by mail, can I electronically file another one?

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

No, you would not file another return. That could cause issues and delays for both. The IRS asks you wait 4 weeks after you mail your return before looking up your refund at Where's My Refund? If you did not use certified mail to send your tax return, you can try checking your tax return with the IRS by ordering a tax transcript from the IRS, to see if it was received. This is a free service and is usually processed the same day. Please click this link to order a tax transcript: Welcome to Get Transcript

Also, be sure when checking Where’s My Federal Refund? site that you are entering only your Federal refund amount. This can be found on your Federal form 1040, line 21a. If you paid any fees out of your federal refund, use the refund figure prior to the deduction of he fees. Also if you filed joint, be sure to enter the filers name that appears first on the return.

Please see the links below for more information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"