Hello there. I had my 2019 return loaded onto Turbo Tax debit card rather than my bank account. If the stimulus package finishes up soon do you think it will be loaded on that card?

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

After you file

How do I get my stimulus check? Will it be mailed or direct deposited?

As of today, the coronavirus stimulus package, or CARES act, has not been passed, so we are not able to say for sure how you will receive it.

Follow this blog post  for the latest information on tax deadlines, relief, and legislation, including the stimulus package, in response to coronavirus.

Here are other sources of information provided by TurboTax.

How are my taxes affected by COVID-19?

CORONAVIRUS TAX CENTER

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After you file

How about now , it’s been passed .

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

@Fredrick smith The Cares Act has been passed but we are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding the direct deposit information for the stimulus payments. It is still to be determined, if the deposit will go through the third party processing bank like the original refund or if you will need to change the direct deposit information in the IRS portal. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details. If the IRS does not use the TurboTax card, please see the information below the IRS has posted:

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Please see the information from the IRS below, regarding the stimulus checks:

Economic impact payments: What you need to know

Please check for updates here: Coronavirus Tax Relief

CARES Act - Stimulus Payment Information - Santa Barbara Tax Products Group

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"