After you file

Congrats @toya4591 and good luck everyone else omg this was horrible for us all
toya4591

After you file

Yes @linealynn30 this was a horrible tax year don’t wish this on anyone how long did it take to get your check after the adjustment?

After you file

@toya4591 2 weeks
toya4591

After you file

How long did it take your money to go DD @jcjr0412 they release mine yesterday. Can you give me an idea on when it should hit my account WMAR AND WMR is not giving me any updates

After you file

I still have not heard anything back from IRS, via mail or on the phone. Noone wants to answer me. Everyone says they cant see anything. They even act like I do not see via the WMAR tool the phone number and extension to call. I wish I could find some information online. This is getting ridiculous. I know it was my fault I left the 1098 off my original filing but if I owed them, they would want it NOW!

After you file

@kaylah2093  have you gotten your check yet? or had any movement in the process? i see we have the same completion date.

After you file

@tonyagray1979 no I still haven’t received it. I was told to wait up to 4 weeks. The 4 weeks end on the 22nd of May so if I haven’t received it by then they said they would issue me another one on the 23rd. Have you received yours ?

After you file

@linealynn30 what state are you in ? I’m in NC & still haven’t received my check

After you file

@kaylah2093 @tonyagray1979 have either of u contacted a tax advocate in your state? If I hadn’t taken it upon myself to contact on I would still be waiting for answers from the irs.

After you file

@tctaylor821 how do I go about doing that. I need all the advice cause I’m beyond frustrated with the irs

After you file

I googled tax advocate and they list the offices by state. I explained I was having a hardship and they assigned an advocate to me who called me a couple days later and were able to tell me what the problem was with my tax return when all I got from the irs is wait and see.

After you file

@tctaylor821 thank you so much. I will definitely do that

After you file

@tctaylor821 I googled the tax advocate info you said. I called and they stood me she wasn’t  able to give me info about my federal amended return only the state info. Is that correct ? I’m so confused

After you file

@kaylah2093 I’m not sure if u might have contacted the local tax advocate. The one I contacted based on what googled listed as tax advocate by state and they gave me info regarding why my federal return was in review.
jcdubaz

After you file

I filed my 2015-2016 tax returns late in September 2017. I  accidentally switched my daughters social security numbers on both returns so I had to ammend both. One of my children at this time was an adult and the other a child which I claimed as a dependant
 I filed my first amendment in December of 2017 after receiving a letter that the IRS removed my EIC and child tax credit and they sent me a huge bill instead of a refund. 1st time I ammended was incorrect.
Sent a second ammended return (1040X) in Febuary 2018. At this time my 2015 tax returns said adjusted on the IRS website but 2016... said nothing. I called the IRS multiple times and was told to wait 16 weeks. At the end of March 2018 I finally spoke with an IRS representative. My 2015 taxes although saying complete were never adjusted at all. I was irate! My 2016 still in the process of being adjusted.
 I decided to schedule an appointment with a local IRS representative to make sure my 1040X was filled out correctly and was told to send in a 3rd 1040X  instead of waiting the entire 16 weeks.
April 2018 I mailed my 3rd ammended return for both 2015 & 2016 returns. A few days later my 2016 updated on website as complete. My 2016 return was adjusted correctly but applied to my 2015 return which was never adjusted at all.
It is now 5/16/2018. Two weeks ago I called the IRS and while on the phone the lady manually adjusted my 2015 return. I was told wait 4-6 weeks to get my 2015/2016 refunds. I also filed my 2017 return electronically. Still waiting no refunds yet!
Timeline:
9/2017 Filed 2015/2016 taxes.(Late)
12/2018 First 1040X sent (due to my error)
2/2018 2nd 1040X sent (IRS error)
4/2018 3rd 1040X sent (IRS error again)
5/16/2018 adjusted 9 months after filing. As of today... IRS "Wheres my ammended return" website still has not updated and today 7 months after ammending the first time I am still waiting for my refunds for 2015,2016 & now 2017.
7 months?? Longest wait for a ammended return? Possibly. I'm no longer anticipating getting my refunds from the IRS but will be patiently waiting to see if I find them in my mailbox someday! Good luck to the rest of you.

Jcdub