After you file

The question is about how the icon (i.e. shortcut) on the Windows desktop can be removed, not how can the TurboTax application be uninstalled. I have the same question and just installed TurboTax.

I do not keep anything but temporary items on my desktop. Most application installers ask whether a shortcut to the application should be created on the desktop when the application is installed and I choose to not have a shortcut created. However, the TurboTax installer does not provide that option.

Now, it may not be difficult to delete the shortcut from the desktop when logged in with an administrator-enabled account (though this question and other similar questions on the Internet indicate otherwise), but I have a separate administrator account I use for various administrative needs while I normally log in and use an account without administrator privileges. When installing, TurboTax asks for and I provide credentials for administrative privileges. Those privileges are not enabled when I try to remove the shortcut created on the desktop. Moreover, running "\Windows\explorer.exe" with administrator privileges might work, but I can't find the TurboTax shortcut in my account's Desktop folder, the default user's Desktop folder, or in my administrative account's Desktop folder.

So, how can I delete the TurboTax icon from my Windows 10 desktop?