Level 7

After you file

If your return has been submitted, you should wait to determine if it has been rejected or accepted.

If rejected, you can go back and change or adjust your return. If accepted, you should wait until you receive your refund or paid your balance due to amend the return to add the dependent.

You should  print and mail the amendment (it cannot be e-filed) and allow about 16 weeks for processing.

See How Do I Amend a Return Already Filed?

View solution in original post