knadsady
Returning Member

Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Update to my previous reply. I opened a case with intuit support and the tech asked me to launch the installer again. When I executed the installer that time, up popped a "reboot needed" window from the previous installation attempt, so I rebooted my computer and it looks like the installation completed, since I am able to launch the program from the Windows start menu. I have not started to enter any data yet or import my previous tax file, but now it looks like the install was successful.

To summarize what I did and what I saw:

Product it Turbotax Home and Business 2021, and I have 2020 and 2019 versions already installed on my windows 10 computer.

I attempted install from CD purchased at Costco, and got the 2803 error "The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2803."

After acknowledging the error by clicking OK, the installation appeared to hang, so I killed it with task manager.

Then I attempted the installation by going to the download link on Intuit website, entered my license code, and downloaded the installer for Turbotax H+B 2021.

I executed the installer from my download folder, and got the same error, and again the installation appeared to hang. So I started searching the internet for the error and found this community thread. I do not remember seeing any kind of message indicating the installation completed after the error 2803 was dismissed.

Next, I was on the phone with support, and she asked me to launch the installer again.

When I launched the installer from my download folder, I got a prompt to reboot my computer, and after clicking Ok to reboot, I was able to launch the 2021 program. I also checked launching 2020 and that seems to work fine too.

So maybe, this error 2803 is just cosmetic and the installation still completes? It is definitely confusing. We shall see if I can complete a return using the program now.

Hope this helps until Intuit fixes this confusing issue.