Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@lcolantuoni14 wrote:

I did 2020 tax direct pay and extension directly with IRS and to state NJ using direct debit but not though TurboTax - I used direct pay tours and similar direct pay  to state. 
I now need to file. However, TurboTax lists options to pay but doesn’t include option if I already paid directly to IRS and so I’m stuck. What do I enter? It lists direct debit, credit card, pay by check, installment...no option for payment already made. 
some answers say to modify taxes and say estimated payment was made but one expert said absolutely don’t do that - leave 1040 owing taxes. They said that the IRS will know that the taxes were already paid on or before May 17. 
so when I file with TurboTax I’m stuck not knowing what to enter or how payment was made I was going to put down that I was paying by check but I’m not paying by check I already paid! please help me with what I’m supposed to put in for help payments going to be made when I already made the payment! thanks! 

If you paid the taxes owed before the tax return was e-filed, then just select that you will be paying by check and then do not send a check.