Get your taxes done using TurboTax

@jwladisc wrote:

I am not trying to double dip on the child that turned 17.  I am trying to recover the stimulus for both payments for the child that was born in 2020.  The new dependent did not receive either of the stimulus payments as they were not listed on my 2019 returns.

Sorry, missed that part for the child born in 2020.  That child born in 2020 is eligible for both stimulus payments, $500/$600.

If you entered the child as a dependent in the My Info section of the program correctly, the stimulus payments for the child will be included as a tax credit on the federal tax return, Form 1040 Line 30.

Go back to My Info and check all your answers carefully for the dependent.  Make sure you selected Your Child, the date of birth in 2020 is correct, the child lived in your home for the Whole Year since he was born in 2020, that the child did NOT provide over one-half of their own support, that there was NOT another person supporting the child in your household and the child has a valid Social Security number.

If the answers are correct then delete the dependent and re-enter.

I have already tested this on my 2020 Premier desktop edition.  Entered a child born in 2020 and the program gives both stimulus payments combined as a tax credit on Form 1040 Line 30.